Tuesday 7 January 2014

What are you waiting for?



The other day I was casually browsing the web when I stumbled upon a video for a new streets of rage game. It was only a few minutes of gameplay but after watching it I knew right away that it was a game I needed to play. sadly though, much to my surprise, the game was only a prototype and had been cancelled. Basically, the way it goes is game prototypes are much like movie scripts. There's loads of them floating about but only a handful get picked to develop into a releasable game. It got me thinking though; Surely I'm not alone. Surely there are others that idolise this game and want it back so they can once again play local multiplayer. Oh, they were the days. I used to play the original streets of rage all the time with my brother. I remember we'd... Oh it doesn't even matter. They aren't making it. Why Sega? Why? You own some of my most cherished gaming memories Sonic and Streets of Rage. Why is it that you now suck. You continue to disappoint me with you Sonic games. Why can't you just accept that Sonic, although a better mascot, isn't Mario and doesn't translate to 3D well at all. The games you knock out now make even flickies' island look acceptable and I slated that game when it came out. That games a fucking masterpiece in comparison to the new sonic games. There was a glimmer of hope when you released the highly anticipated Sonic 4 and although people weren't overly keen I liked it more than most. It had signs of potential, even if you did split it into 2 parts you money grabbing... I'm getting side tracked here. My point is you need to start listening to your customers, or at least the majority because there's a few that haven't got a clue what they're talking about ( in case you were wondering I'm referring to the idiots that buy the new games). If you look on videos of the old sonic games, it isn't long before a comment is about nostalgia and, ' oh sega why can't you make another one'. I'm not the only one. Sega, sort your life out and do what I know is right, I'd say do what you know is right but I get the feeling you need a helping hand here. Don't get angry with me, I've only your best interests in mind.

Just in case you missed it.

MAKE A NEW STREETS OF RAGE GAME

MAKE A NEW SONIC GAME THAT IS 2D AND MOVES LIKE `THE OLD SONIC

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment